Five Points To Consider About Writing An APA Dissertation Proposal
When you are ready to write your dissertation, so you can be awarded your PhD, there are many things to consider. The first things you will want to do it select a faculty advisor. With his or her help, you can complete the necessary paperwork required by the university or college. Each college and university ahs their own unique set of paperwork requirement. You should follow his or lead directions.
After the paperwork is out of the way, you have to move to the approval process. You cannot write this piece without the approval. The school wants to make sure your subject is valid. There are five good things toe remember as you begin writing your APA dissertation proposal or prospectus.
Five Points to Consider
- Your job is to convince the committee that your topic or subject is sound and is valid. You want it to show an appreciation of the tradition and history of your field, but also show that you know of any new developments. Remember your goals as you compose the piece.
- It also will indicate your plan of action. How you plan on proving your hypothesis is important. If it looks like you will not be successful, the subject may be denied. You want a solid topic, as you will spend a year or more on this piece.
- You will also need to give an idea of your position on your stand on the subject. The committee will need to know this or they may deny your subject choice.
- The quality of these documents doe matter. They should be error free and well edited. If you do not do well at proofing and editing, you may want to hire a professional to do the job for you. The prospectus is the first impression and meeting the committee has with you; you want to do your best work. This is not the place to make careless errors or to give inaccurate information.
- A denial is not the end of the project. The committee will be very precise and detailed in telling you why a plan was not approved. You can re-do the piece and submit it back to the committee at the next window of opportunity. It is better to be denied than to move ahead with a weak subject matter.