Dissertation Topics In Geotechnical Engineering: 19 Brilliant Ideas
There are various sub- branches relating to civil engineering, one of which is geotechnical engineering. It is a particularly important sub-branch of civil engineering, and has many applications in a range of different industries.
For anyone who is studying civil engineering, there might come an opportunity to write a dissertation about geotechnical engineering and, if this is the case, then picking a good topic to write about is highly advisable. To help you think of good topics and titles for your dissertation on geotechnical engineering, the following is a list of 19 brilliant ideas.
- Discuss the difficulties faced in relation to find particles for geotechnical engineering projects involve soil mechanics
- How do geotechnical engineers carry out investigations in order to determine the suitability of soil and rock?
- Including excavation, filling and compaction, discuss the different processes related to earthworks
- What are the pros and cons of geosynthetic when carrying out geotechnical engineering projects?
- Discuss slope stabilization, and the various factors that need to be considered in order to ensure a successful project
- Discuss how geotechnical engineers use production and a variety of different pressures - such as passive pressure - when carrying out geotechnical engineering projects
- How do cantilever rules work and what makes them so appropriate in relation to lateral support structures?
- Discuss the use of gravity rules in the 21st century
- Outline and discuss geotechnical engineering failures, and why they went wrong
- What factors do geotechnical engineers have to consider when designing foundations?
- Discuss the use of slab foundations when building various structures
- The history of geotechnical engineer
- How are soil properties calculated and what difficulties and inaccuracies can geotechnical engineers face when trying to work them out?
- What is the standard penetration test and why is it used?
- With reference to specific real-life examples, discuss the difficulties faced when designing oil platforms and other offshore geotechnical engineering projects
- Compare and contrast the use and design of shallow foundations and deep foundations
- Describe the processes and methods that may be used in surface exploration, as well as how and when each one might be most appropriate
- Compare and contrast the use and effectiveness of standard penetration tests and penetration tests
- How is geotechnical centrifuge modelling used in 21st century geotechnical engineering projects?